Dual Credit

Dual credit courses are COLLEGE classes that are taught here at Marsing High School. Here’s how it works: For $70 per credit, students can choose from a list of Marsing High School courses that are ‘dually’ taught. This means that the teacher is teaching a curriculum that not only lines up with high school standards, but is also aligned with a college curriculum. Students taking these courses can receive 1 credit per semester on their high school transcript PLUS 3 to 5 credits on a college transcript for the same class. Marsing students can graduate with a significant amount of college credits already started for a fraction of the cost by taking dual credit courses.

ALL dual credit courses transfer to any college that accepts transfer credits. You can cross reference dual credit courses with your student’s college of preference to see how those credits transfer. Go to the admissions page of the college’s website and click on ‘transfer students’, then ‘transfer credits’. If the particular course isn’t listed, you can call the college admissions personnel for verification. Here is a link for Boise States credit transfer information:


Talk to your counselor about Challenge Access Grants which are scholarships for students taking dual credit courses. Priority is given to students with 3.0 GPA and show financial need.

Always check with your college to see how dual credits will transfer.

Boise State University - http://registrar.boisestate.edu/transfer-equivalency.shtml

University of Idaho - www.uidaho.edu/registrar

Northwest Nazarene University - http://www.nnu.edu/academics/high-school-programs/concurrent-credit/

Brigham Young University - http://registrar.byu.edu/registrar/transferEvaluation/


Students must be 16 years of age or turn 16 during the course.